CODE OF CONDUCT
2020 Conclave Code of Conduct
The general welfare of our group depends on the conduct of each individual; this ensures the success of conclave and provides the maximum benefit to everyone. As such, we are committed to creating events that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination of any kind.
All participants, guests and staff members of the 2020 Section W-1S Conclave are expected to abide by this code of conduct.
Section W-1S expects that conclave participants will:
- Be considerate and respectful to all participants, guests and staff
- Observe the guiding principles outlined in the Scout Oath and Scout Law
- Respect other’s viewpoints and opinions
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech (both verbal and written)
- Follow all Youth Protection guidelines, including those regarding electronic communication with participants under the age of 18.
- Use social media and electronic communication applications and programs appropriately and in accordance with the Scout Oath and Law
- All activities associated with conclave adhere to the safety precautions and guidelines outline in the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- Refrain from gathering with people outside your own home for the purpose of watching or participating in conclave.
Unacceptable behavior from conclave participants, guest and staff will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Harassment and discrimination includes any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, or disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Wearing clothing or other items in video or photos that is not suitable for a Scouting environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Showcasing or promoting any alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, or illegal substance in conversation, chat, photo, video, or text.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff.
- Sharing your event login credentials with other individuals.
- Recording or taking screenshots of any chat room that take place in the community platform.
- Encouraging or promoting any behavior listed above
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Section W-1S will take necessary action against those engaging in unacceptable behavior which may include a warning or removal from the event, notification of the local Scout executive, or contacting local authorities if required.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
Our Section Communications Team will have a dedicated team to review and monitor all platforms used to deliver conclave including but not limited to the Section W-1S social media accounts, section websites, testing service, and Slack workspace.
If you notice participants engaging in unacceptable behavior during conclave, please report it to our team immediately using one of the following methods:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a message to Section W-1S on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Send a message using the live chat on the conclave website.